Saturday, October 2, 2010

technology


For my project I chose Technology. It has become such an uprising epidemic in our world and is constantly changing. It took me a while to pick an inquiry question but I chose one that I find interest in. My question is; What would happen raising a child with no technology in a technologically advanced world?
It’s going to be hard for me to interview people I don’t know. I am at a family party right now and I brought up the topic as we all sat down to the dinner table. I asked them the question and they all started laughing. As they thought about it each one made a comment that had something in common. They thought the child would have a lot of anxiety. They said that if their children were to not have technology it would be depriving them to basically access the world. They said that it was different in their age because cell phones were just coming out and every one in fifteen people had a computer in their home.
I know for a fact that I will be interviewing my psychology professor. He has a different outlook on life and I am interested in hearing what he has to say. I’ve been preparing some questions for him. I am also thinking about visiting the children development center. I’m sure they know a lot about the effects of technology on children.
For my professor:
Did you grow up with technology in your home?
Do you think you would be different today if you grew up as a child in 2010?

Those are just some ideas. This to me is a challenging project since I’m not used to video taping people I don’t know. I’m sure everything will work out for the better though!


1 comment:

  1. picture from
    http://static-p3.fotolia.com/jpg/00/06/39/92/400_F_6399272_jxA6vP3QMUsdWiuKdiHvmscwojay0mSa.jpg

    ReplyDelete